Discount flight ticket search. Use the search tool above to compare and book discount flights and low cost direct flights to Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. Check worldwide seat availability with departure points from major European and UK international airports including: London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW) and Manchester (MAN) airports. Direct services from the UK to Johannesburg are operated by British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and South African Airways. Popular non-direct services with stopover options include: Emirates with stopover packages in Dubai. Typical flight duration for direct services to Johannesburg is 13 hours.
Johannesburg Airport: Johannesburg Airport (JNB) O R Tambo International Airport (ORTIA). JNB airport is 14 miles (22km) east of Johannesburg. Transport: From Airport to Johannesburg centre. Airport bus services depart regularly to the city centre. Alternatively you can use the authorised shuttle buses and taxi services. Be sure to use the services that display the ACSA logo on their vehicles.
Johannesburg Travel Guide: Johannesburg - nicknamed Egoli (place of gold) is the capital of the Gauteng Provence the wealthiest province in South Africa. You can search and book at Flight4 for low cost deals on flights and hotels. Compare many airlines in one search and click to book direct with the airline or online agent, secure reservations and instant booking confirmation is guaranteed. Johannesburg has excellent flight connections through to the rest of the country and is a superb gateway to this beautiful land. Johannesburg may have become little more than a stop off point for tourists traveling into South Africa, if you can, include a few days stay in your itinerary to discover the history of this fascinating city.
Cultural Johannesburg: Johannesburg offers many art galleries, museums and theatres, The Johannesburg Art Gallery houses traditional African art and contemporary South African landscapes.
Security: Security has been much improved over recent years, although visitors should exercise the same caution as in any big city or popular tourist area. When driving always carry a mobile phone.
General Transport: Car Hire is the favored method of transport as well as coach excursions to the surrounding areas of interest including various man-made attractions, the famous game parks of the northeast and the coastal regions.
Car Hire: All major car rental companies are represented, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt. Tip: Carry enough cash for petrol as some gas stations tend not to except credit cards or travellers cheques.Flights to Johannesburg
Sightseeing Tips and Attractions. Top sightseeing tips and Johannesburg's top attractions.
1. To get your bearings visit the tallest building in South Africa the Carlton Panorama where you can catch some fantastic views of the city from its 50th floor.
2. Johannesburg Zoological Gardens. The gardens offer a peaceful and secure respite from the city's busy streets and shopping malls, the zoo provides a great opportunity for visitors to make sure they know the difference between leopards and cheetahs before going on safari.
3. Take the Sun City Tour - The famed international playground with world-class golf, lavish entertainment, casinos and roulette tables and fantastic man made beaches.
4. You will also want to take some time to see the Lesedi Cultural Village. You can see how the South African people live with colorful dancing and much more.
5. Spend some time at Gold Reef City, its a reproduction of the city of Johannesburg in the early 1900's. Gold Reef City Theme Park and Casino is 5 miles from the city center and has museums and curiosity shops (housed in replicas of the original Victorian and Edwardian buildings). You will also find the ‘largest rollercoaster in the Southern Hemisphere' and a 60-table casino.
6. Kruger National Park. A reserve the size of Wales and a great place to spot the Big Five and many other species, with accommodation for all needs from luxury cottages to campsite enclosures. This is one of Africa's top game parks.
7. You could also visit the zoo, the planetarium or watch the nearby dancing Lipizzaner horses, thought to be the oldest human bred horse in the world.
Self Drive Tours in South Africa: South Africa, with its diverse and dramatic scenery and wide variety of accommodation is a wonderful destination for a self drive holiday. Book your hotel accommodation in advance for the best discount rates and special offers. At Flight4.com you will find a wide range of hotels ranging from good quality 3 star accommodation to luxury 5 star properties. Start comparing hotel prices now and see how much you can save, stay an extra few days and add a little extra comfort and value to your South African adventure.
Driving in South Africa: The roads are generally excellent and traffic is reasonably light outside the main cities, toll roads operate on major routes. In general, public roads in South Africa are well developed and well sign-posted with driving done on the left hand side of the road. Speed limits are usually 60 km/h in built-up areas, 100 km/h on the open road, and 120 km/h on highways. It is generally unwise to assume that everyone on the road will drive safely. Petrol in South Africa can often only be purchased in cash as most filling stations do not except credit cards or travelers cheques.Flights to South Africa
Useful Tips, Destination Information and Travel Inspiration
South Africa Airlines SA South Africa is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries you could wish to visit. It offers amazing scenery, incredible wildlife, fascinating cultures and outstanding value for money. This independent and distinctive country is proud of its culture, its progress and its natural riches. South Africa extends the warmest of welcomes to all holidaymaker's.
South African Airlines is the national carrier. From its hub at Johannesburg (JNB) South African Airlines SAA flies to over 35 destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, Australia and North and South America. To compare the best low cost airfares to Johannesburg start searching now by completing the search fields in the panels above, then sit back and relax while we show you some of the best discount flight tickets and airfare prices's on the internet.
Being in the southern hemisphere the seasons are reversed compared with Europe. Climate varies with the region being subtropical in the east dry on the west coast and temperate on the south coast. Come prepared for the heat especially on safari or on the beach.
Johannesburg (JNB). Cape Town (CPT). Durban (DUR). South Africa is a big country and internal flights link all major cities. Train transportation is best if you want to take in the splendor of the veldt. All major car hire firms are represented.