Johannesburg South Africa.
A City Guide To Johannesburg.
Tourist Information: www.southafrica.net
Johannesburg - nicknamed Egoli (place of gold) is the capital of the Gauteng Provence the wealthiest province in South Africa. You can search and book at Flight4 for low cost deals on flights and hotels. Compare many airlines in one search and click to book direct with the airline or online agent, secure reservations and instant booking confirmation is guaranteed. Johannesburg has excellent flight connections through to the rest of the country and is a superb gateway to this beautiful land.
Johannesburg may have become little more than a stop off point for tourists traveling into South Africa, if you can, include a few days stay in your itinerary to discover the history of this fascinating city.
Cultural Johannesburg. Johannesburg offers many art galleries, museums and theatres, The Johannesburg Art Gallery houses traditional African art and contemporary South African landscapes.
Top sightseeing tips and Johannesburg top attractions.
1. To get your bearings visit the tallest building in South Africa the Carlton Panorama where you can catch some fantastic views of the city from its 50th floor.
2. Johannesburg Zoological Gardens. Offers a peaceful and secure respite from the city's busy streets and shopping malls, the zoo provides a great opportunity for visitors to make sure they know the difference between leopards and cheetahs before going on safari.
3. Take the Sun City Tour - The famed international playground with world-class golf, lavish entertainment, casinos and roulette tables and fantastic man made beaches.
4. You will also want to take some time to see the Lesedi Cultural Village. You can see how the South African people live with colorful dancing and much more.
5. Spend some time at Gold Reef City, its a reproduction of the city of Johannesburg in the early 1900's. Gold Reef City Theme Park and Casino is 5 miles from the city center and has museums and curiosity shops (housed in replicas of the original Victorian and Edwardian buildings). You will also find the ‘largest rollercoaster in the Southern Hemisphere' and a 60-table casino.
6. Kruger National Park. A reserve the size of Wales and a great place to spot the Big Five and many other species, with accommodation for all needs from luxury cottages to campsite enclosures. This is one of Africa's top game parks.
7. You could also visit the zoo, the planetarium or watch the nearby dancing Lipizzaner horses, thought to be the oldest human bred horse in the world.
Self Drive Tours. South Africa, with its diverse and dramatic scenery and wide variety of accommodation is a wonderful destination for a self drive holiday. Book your hotel accommodation in advance for the best discount rates and special offers. At Flight4.com you will find a wide range of hotels ranging from good quality 3 star accommodation to luxury 5 star properties. Start comparing hotel prices now and see how much you can save. all our hotels will add comfort and value to your South African adventure.
Driving in South Africa. The roads are generally excellent and traffic is reasonably light outside the main cities, toll roads operate on major routes. In general, public roads in South Africa are well developed and well sign-posted with driving done on the left hand side of the road. Speed limits are usually 60 km/h in built-up areas, 100 km/h on the open road, and 120 km/h on highways. It is generally unwise to assume that everyone on the road will drive safely. Petrol in South Africa can often only be purchased in cash as most filling stations do not except credit cards or travelers cheques.
Security. Security has been much improved over recent years, although visitors should exercise the same caution as in any big city or popular tourist area. When driving always carry a mobile phone.
Flights to Johannesburg: Looking for discount flights for your short break or business trip to Johannesburg, South Africa. Start your flight search now and see how much you can save. Compare over 50 airlines and several major UK flight consolidators in one search (Thomas Cook, e-bookers, My Travel and Airline Network) then click to book direct. Use Flight4 to find cheap flights tickets for your next holiday, business trip or weekend break.